Can You Save Money with Cloud Software?Calculate your costs below.
Which is less expensive in the long run… server-based software or cloud software? The answer is, it depends. How big is your practice? Which software platforms are you considering? Can you use laptops and tablets as some of your workstations, or do you need desktop computers?
It pays to crunch the numbers based on your situation, so we’ve compiled some guidelines to help.
Use our handy formula to get a rough estimate on the savings possible by switching to NaVetor cloud software. Fill in the number of users in your practice, select Yes or No depending on whether you use an online backup service with your server software, and click Compare. Then check the ten-year chart to see how much you can save each year.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6||Year 7||Year 8||Year 9||Year 10||Year 11|
For NaVetor cloud software, calculations include average per laptop/tablet cost of $600, replaced every five years, plus monthly cost of software and Internet.
Server Software Considerations
- The cost of the software itself (typically a one-time fee)
- The cost of any related licenses, such as Microsoft® SQL
- The cost of a server and one or more workstations
- IT and networking support (because your workstations need to “talk” to the server)
- Software annual support costs, for tech support and all updates
- Offsite backup of your practice data
Cloud Software Considerations
- A monthly cloud software subscription, which covers tech support, software updates, and online data backups.
- One or more workstations. With cloud, you have more flexibility to use less expensive laptops and/or tablets as some of those workstations.
- High-speed internet service.
Request a Demo
Inspired by what you’ve seen? Interested in seeing how NaVetor can work in your practice? Contact us to set up a personalized demonstration of the software.